Quality planning should be an integral part of the project planning activity.
- Identification of which products are to be produced and which of those warrant specific quality-related activities
- How the quality of each type of product is to be checked - for example by review and/or by testing
- When quality checks are to be performed; and whether they are they optional or mandatory, whether or not all examples of a particular type of product must be checked or only a sample, and whether items are checked during development or only on completion
- Which criteria are to be used to assess each product's quality
- Which procedures are to be used to define quality-related processes
- Which standards are to be applied
Audit projects from time to time in order to determine their compliance with the procedures, practices and standards
- Our Quality Audit Questions
- Is the user involvement there?
- Are the users empowered?
- Is the life-cycle being followed?
- Are comments from prototype reviews being incorporated?
- Is backtracking allowed when necessary?
- Are priorities being adhered to?
- Are time-boxes being respected?
Quality Tools :
Selenium is an Open Source Java Script Framework to automate web application testing. Test scripts developed in this framework can be easily hooked with multiple scripting/programming languages like Java, Ruby, and Python etc. It also provides support for recording test cases.
It supports only web application testing.
- It is an Open Source
- Supports multiple browsers, operating systems, programming languages, testing frameworks
- Flexible to your choice, simple record and playback (IDE), Complete Framework design to your choice by using your favorite programming languages.
- Supports parallel execution
- It easily fits into Agile based development environments
Selenium supports the following types of testing
- Functional Testing (Smoke Tests, Regression Tests, Acceptance Tests etc.)
- Browser Compatible Testing
- Static & Dynamic Content Testing
- AJAX Testing
- Data Driven Testing
Organizational Benefits with Selenium
- Automation Benefits
- Cost benefit with Open Source